Monday, June 17, 2013

Event notice...FIT Magazine 10k road race, Cork City - Sun 21st July 2013

Following on from the success of the FIT Magazine City Series 10k race in Phoenix Park in Dublin, the next one is in Cork City on Sunday, the 21st of July 2013...

Here are some details from the organisers. Note that the prices change on the 21st of June and the entry fee includes a dry fit top.

The Essential 10k in Cork this Summer!
The FIT Magazine City Series 10km is back and ready to take the fun to the Rebel County! Fresh from a super fun day in the Phoenix Park, the City Series will be bringing our race down to Cork on July 21st.

We’re delighted to teaming up Breast Cancer Ireland as our partner for the event and want all you to join in with us. All participants who take part in the race in Cork on behalf of Breast Cancer Ireland can be assured that funds raised will go towards supporting a designated Breast Research Nurse based at Cork University Hospital.

Early bird tickets are available for €20! Don’t forget to avail of this offer soon as prices change from June 21st. Better yet if you’re part of a club, make sure to avail of our exclusive club offer! Read all about it here

We’ll be jam-packing our goody bag again so expect a technical t-shirt, a copy of FIT Magazine, the Sunday Independent and much more. Not to mention there’ll be spot prizes on the day and €3000 in prizes for the top 3 males and females.

So join in this July in Cork and get FIT with us! For more information on the event or to sign up, check out the link below!
Sign-Up Now ->

The race will start and finish on the Centre Park Road. The route goes down the Marina....past Blackrock Castle and onto the walkway by the waterfront. It then returns on the old railway track back to the finish line on Centre Park Road.

For anyone coming from outside Cork then see the map below...

The start and finish line is literally just a few hundred metres from the Pairc Ui Chaoimh GAA stadium which is in turn is about a mile or so east of the city centre.

In terms of difficulty, the course itself would be considered very fast. There is a small hill around the 1.5 mile mark before Blackrock Castle and a short sharp pull at 4 miles where the footbridge crosses the South Ring Road. Otherwise, the vast majority of the course is flat and fast. About 40% of the course is on public roads while the remaining 60% is on quiet walkways.

If you are interested then enter as soon as possible to avail of the cheaper entry.

If there are a number of you are from the same athletics club then you make sure you avail of the special club offer......either 20 entries for €300 or if you're a smaller club 10 entries for €150.

This race has an Athletics Ireland licence and has been accurately measured by Jones Counter. Chip timing will also be used.

No comments: